This page outlines the measures taken by La Cala Resort in order to re-open the Golf courses, Hotel and Spa, always in accordance with the general limitations imposed by the Spanish Health Authorities. All employees of La Cala have been informed of the compliance of the described protocols and the requirement to apply them.
HOTEL & SPA
- Disinfectant solution will be available at the hotel entrance, at the reception desk and in those facilities of intensive use by customers.
- Guests who check in must respect the 1.5 metre social distancing protocol whilst waiting in line if reception is busy.
- Toilets are equiped with drying paper dispensers and/or an automatic hand dryer available. Towels, even those for individual use, should be avoided.
- The hotel will ensure that guests respect the recommended safety distance.
- Paper, gel and soap dispensers will be cleaned periodically, depending on the level of use.
- The rule of 1 person per lift applies, unless masks are used or if the lift is shared by members of the same household.
- All rooms have access via external corridors and the use of the lift can be avoided if required.
- All textiles (including rugs) in the room, decorative items and amenities have been reduced or removed.
- Blankets and pillows are properly protected in the cabinets.
- The hangers, in case they are not offered sealed, will be disinfected at the client´s exit.
- The ironing service is limited.
- For room service, the waiter will use gloves and a mask at all times.
- All crockery material (including trays and hoods) will be sanitized in a dishwasher.
- Once a client checks out, rooms will be cleaned and left vacant for 24 hours before being allocated to the next client.
- Outlets will have a capacity of 50% indoors, however La Cala has extensive outdoor space in order to cater for all its hotel guests respecting the 1.5 metre safety distance.
- Disinfectant solutions have been put in place in all restaurant entrances, and in places accessible for easy use of the customer.
- The menus have been removed and have been replaced with QR codes accessible from the restaurant entrance and the tables. For guests without smartphones, menus can be requested individually to La Cala waiting staff.
- All decorative elements, as well as self-service condiments have been removed from the tables and replaced by individual sachets.
- Payment by card or room charges will be encouraged in order to avoid the use of cash as much as possible.
- Table and chair surfaces that come into contact with customers will be disinfected and cleaned after each use.
- The Spa staff will inform all clients of the convenience of taking extreme precautions and of the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in the case of people at risk.
- The capacity of the changing rooms will be controlled to ensure the safety distances
- Disinfectant solutions are available for use at the Spa entrance.
- The toilets have a soap dispenser, and drying paper towels and/or automatic hand dryer.
- Hair Dryers for common use have been removed.
- All the equipment in the Dry area (sofas, beds for relaxation, etc…) will be disinfected periodically, according to their use.
- The disinfection of handrails in the wet area (indoor pool, Jacuzzi) will be intensified.
- The use of a towel or bathrobe is required with the use of all equipment (chairs, deck chairs, etc..) to avoid physical contact. This equipment will be disinfected periodically.
- The disinfection of all areas, including handrails in the pool and Jacuzzi will be intensified.
- Social distancing measures will be respected inside the pool and Jacuzzi.
- The sunbeds and sunshades will be displayed at a safe distance from each other and the sunbeds will be disinfected after each use.
- All waiting staff from the pool will be making use of the PPE in a considerate way.
- The capacity of the fitness facilities has been reduced in order to ensure the safety distance (also between machines in the gym).
- Group or group classes will guarantee a space of 1.5×1.5 metres apart from the teacher.
- A period of “no activity” will be ensured between collective class sessions to access the cleaning and disinfection of the rooms. Furthermore, the rooms will be ventilated several times a day.
- Fitness users are required to use a towel with all sports equipment.
- After use by a client, each machine will be cleaned and disinfected, preferably by the client. The same will apply to common gym elements such as weights, fitness balls, dumbbells, etc…
Please respect all safety measures indicated by the club.
Avoid physical greetings, hand shakes, etc …
Reservations must be made online or by telephone.
The payment of green fees must be made preferably online with a credit card. The clubhouse terrace will remain open with a limited service.
Buggies are permitted for individual use only or can be shared with a family member from the same household. Buggies will be disinfected before and after use by a member of staff.
Pull and electric trollies will be disinfected by a member of staff before and after use.
The maximum number of players per flight will be 4 and they must follow social distancing measures throughout the game.
Players must arrive in appropriate golfing attire as the changing room facilities will remain closed.
Players must only head straight to the first tee 5 minutes before the tee-time.
Players must maintain social distancing throughout the round.
It is not permitted to touch ball washers, water fountains, benches, etc. which will remain off limits.
Bunkers must be repaired by the player using their feet or club (all rakes have been removed).
Flags must remain in place at all times and players must not touch or remove them.
The cups are raised so that the ball can’t go all the way to the bottom. The players must retrieve the ball with the most possible care.
Ready Golf, play without delay, it is not permitted to allow other groups to play through.
Avoid long goodbyes and any physical contact.
It is not permitted to clean clubs/shoes after the round.
It is recommended to go straight to the car park after golf.